Here at Career Wise we have a number of fantastic bursary schemes covering a range of disciplines. For each scheme, we work closely with our clients to ensure we recruit the best candidates and we provide ongoing support to our students to make sure they succeed at university.
It’s been a while since we profiled one of our bursary schemes so this week’s blog post will look specifically at the Nestlé Bursary scheme administered by Career Wise and give you the lowdown on how to get ahead with the world’s leading Food and Beverage company. If you’re interested, don’t delay!
The Nestlé Bursary scheme administered by Career Wise
Think of some of your favourite food and beverage brands and there’s a very good chance that more than one of them is made by Nestlé. From chocolates like Bar One, Kit-Kat and Aero to beverages like Ricoffy and Milo to Maggi noodles and so much in between, Nestlé is the world’s leading producer of food and beverage products. Not only that, the Swiss-based company is also the main shareholder of L’Oreal, the world’s largest cosmetics company. So it’s no surprise that globally, Nestlé employs 339,000 people in its 447 factories across 191 countries across the globe. It doesn’t get much bigger than that!
Nestlé has been selling its products in South Africa since the 1870’s and has been a registered company here for over a hundred years. And the company is not only a stalwart of the food and beverage industry on our local shores, it’s influence stretches right across Africa and the globe. The company prides itself on being a responsible corporate citizen and, as well as a commitment to transformation and BBBEE, it has a holistic management approach that focuses on creating value for society, as well as its shareholders. Part of that approach is to provide bursaries for academically gifted young South Africans as part of the Nestlé Bursary scheme. If you are a high-performer who is driven and self-motivated then keep reading to find out how you can apply.
Requirements and application process
To be eligible for the bursary, you must meet the following requirements:
- you must be a South African citizen between the ages of 17 and 25
- you must be in Grade 12 and applying to an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa with a minimum “B” aggregate (75%) OR you must already be registered at a tertiary institution and achieving a total average of at least 70%
- you must be in need of financial assistance with a total household income of less than R600k per annum
Because Nestlé is such a large and diverse company, the bursary allows you to study from a wide range of disciplines:
- Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Chemical)
- Food Technology and Food Science
- Finance and Accounting
- Marketing and Sales
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Human Resources management
- Industrial and Organisational Psychology
- Supply Chain Management
The Nestle offers a full bursary, which covers registration and tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation or travel allowance, and a meal allowance. There is an employment obligation but this is subject to availability of jobs upon graduation. To apply for this fantastic bursary, you can visit the Career Wise website and make an online application. You can also read our blog post about how to apply for a bursary if you want to refresh on the procedure.
It’s important that you have all the necessary documents before you start your applications. These documents include:
- a certified copy of your South African ID
- a copy of your latest academic results
- certified household income documents or an affidavit (no older than 3 months)
- proof of registration or admission letter for your preferred institution
So don’t delay, get your application to us today and stand a chance of being an Nestle bursar with the world’s leading food and beverage company.
Best of luck with your application!