(This Bursary is Open for Previously Disadvantaged Students from Mpumalanga Province)
With the goal of bringing electricity to 95% of the local population by 2030, South Africa is tapping into its local resources to bring reliable, available, and cleaner power to its grid. Thanks to the latest technology that brings higher efficiency while lowering emissions, General Electric (GE) has been selected to support the country on its energy development in the two largest dry-cooled coal power plant in the world: Medupi and Kusile. GE trained and qualified over 850 trade professionals and funded students and spent more than 18BN ZAR on local content for both the Medupi and Kusile projects. GE is committed to developing local skills including investing in a site-based welding training center to provide workplace exposure and providing bursaries for over 130 tertiary students originally from Mpumalanga Province. 80% of these bursaries will be awarded for technical studies (engineering) and 20% were allocated for other disciplines.
About the Kusile Bursary
Full bursary covering the following:
- Full Tuition
- Accommodation and Meals
Areas of study
Applicants can apply for a bursary if they are registered for the following qualifications:
- BSc Engineering: Civil, Mechanical, Chemical
- Diploma in Engineering: Civil, Mechanical, Chemical
- B Com Accounting
Kusile bursary requirements
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have obtained a minimum of 60% in Mathematics, Physical Science, Accounting and English in grade 12.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate FIRST YEAR student at an accredited South African University or University of Technology
- Must submit proof of registration for 2018 academic year.
- Must provide certified copies of SA ID and Matric certificate (proof of studying in Mpumalanga)
- Must demonstrate financial need (i.e. past 3 months’ payslips of parent/s or guardian/s)
- Must provide proof of address (i.e. showing that you reside in Mpumalanga).
- Must provide a two-page CV (if you are applying via email)
Applications for bursaries are now open and closes on Friday 23 February 2018.
Kusile Bursary application Process?
Applicants are accepted in the following ways:
- Via email email@example.com or fax (086) 609 7183
Please use: Kusile Bursary 2018 as the subject when emailing
- Online application vis our website on Click here.
Please use: Kusile Bursary 2018 as the promo code when registering for the application
Please note that if you have not been contacted by Friday, 20 April 2018, consider your application to be unsuccessful.