About company Gibela Rail
Gibela is a new, exciting, empowered South African company, charged with building South Africa’s new commuter trains right here in South Africa, by South Africans, over the next 10 years. In doing so, Gibela will revitalise South Africa’s once proud railway industry.
About the Gibela Rail bursary
These bursaries are granted for one year, renewable on an annual basis, based on academic performance. It is a full bursary which means the following will be covered:
- Full Tuition
- Meals and accommodation
Areas of study
Applicants can apply for a Gibela Rail Bursary if they intend to gain a qualification in one of the following fields of study:
Engineering and Operations:
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- University of Technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of study
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering; or
- Information Systems
- Supply chain
Gibela Rail bursary requirements
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum of 70% in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade and a minimum of 60% for English
- written proof of acceptance to an accredited South African university of university of technology.
- Submit a shot curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of SA ID and their full academic record.
Applications for bursaries open yearly in August, and must be submitted by 31 October 2018.
If you do not hear from us by 30 November 2017, your application has not been successful. For further information, email Gibelabursaries@careerwise.co.za